Zucchini Keto Recipes
Is zucchini Keto friendly? Hell yes! That’s why we’re making Keto Zucchini Enchiladas 🙂
If you have been on a Ketogenic Diet for any extended amount of time (or any other low-carb version of the Keto diet) you know ALL ABOUT using zucchini as a substitute for noodles, and maybe even french fries… yum!
But in this recipe they are a sub for tortillas!! And it’s super delicious!
If you are a business person and are on my website reading about leadership, hiring, inspiration, and then all the sudden you come across a zucchini recipe, let me explain!
In order to be an effective leader, you have to be healthy!
Now, I’m not saying that there isn’t UNHEALTHY leaders out there, because there surely are, and plenty of them are effective, amazing leaders.
However, that poor health is going to catch up with them at some point!
God forbid it’s something major like a heart attack, but even if it’s not, eventually the extra weight an unhealthy leader lugs around, or the extra cholesterol in their arteries will slow them down.
Diet is truly the largest part of health.
Yes, exercise plays a major role too, but if a person just changes their diet, they can change their whole life! They will experience, better sleep, more energy, less caffeine needed to get through the day, and hopefully eliminating medications!
That’s why I write about diet, and that’s why I post healthy recipes! It’s THAT important to me.
The Best TV show that’s Not On TV
Before we get to the recipe, I have to share with you something awesome…
My beautiful wife Michelle and I have a FB Live cooking show!
We cook every Thursday night, and that way when the football game is a dud (as they always are on Thursdays) you can watch us cook while you root for your fantasy players!
We broadcast from my Facebook account, and to date our record for most views is 16,100!
So go add us as friends, and watch the realness of living in the Glassett House and cooking dinner w/us!
Warning, I use foul language and we have 2 children that are 1 and 5, so there can be a lot going on at any given time!
Here we are cooking the Keto Zucchini Enchiladas
OK, onward to the recipe! (thanks for reading/watching all that 🙂
Keto Zucchini Enchiladas
Prep time: 20min
Cook Time: 30min
- 1TBSP EVOO
- 1 Large Onion
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 3 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 1 1/3 Cup Enchilada Sauce (red or green)
- 4 Large Zucchini
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- Sour Cream for topping
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat a large Skillet over medium heat, add oil
- Add onion and season with salt
- Cook until translucent, then add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and stir to combine
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until “saucy”
- Using a mandolin or y-shaped peeler, slice zucchini length wise
- Lay out three zucchini ribbons slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top
- Roll up and place in a baking dish
- Repeat until you run out of chicken mixture
- Spoon the remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over the zucchini enchiladas
- Top with Cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro